10 tips for surviving the holiday events
Posted under: Fitness, Food, Motivation, Nutrition, Recipes, Water, Weight Lose
- No Comments on 10 tips for surviving the holiday events
- Posted by Jane Mukami
The holidays present a time for letting loose…literally. Here are 8 tips that will help you not to overdo it especially at those parties and family get togethers.
- Start by eating healthy items such as salads and soups, protein before moving on to desserts.
- Alternate an alcoholic beverage with water or tonic water
- Avoid “fasting” before a holiday meal or event tho sleds to over eating
- Have a light meal before attending holiday events and focus on socializing or spending time with loved ones vs. eating
- Eat mindfully – stop and think about what you’re eating. If you know something doesn’t support your health, 3 bites is all you need.
- Make those 3 bites count by making sure it’s something you really like. Sometimes we eat items we don’t care about because they are available.
- Keep the treats to the single celebration day instead of 3, 4 or 5 continuous days
- Kill the guilt. Its okay to enjoy foods that you don’t enjoy on the regular but in moderation
- Remind yourself that all the foods available during the holidays are also available all year round to avoid over indulging in them. They will always be there
- Politely say no to ‘food-pushers’ who keep encouraging you to go for seconds, or more dessert etc