Kidney Beans Recipe
Posted under: Food, Nutrition, Recipes, Weight Lose
- No Comments on Kidney Beans Recipe
- Posted by Jane Mukami
Also known as Red Beans, Kidney beans are super healthy, easily accessible and quite easy to make! They are rich in protein but contain almost double the amount fibrous carbs than protein. For this reason, I recommend you have beans + lentils with vegetables instead of carbohydrates.
The nutritional facts are as follows for 1/2 a cup or 130 grams of cooked beans:
120 calories, 20 grams carbohydrate, 8 grams dietry fiber leaving 12 g of net carbs, and 8 grams of protein.
As you can see, there is protein, but more carbohydrates.
Check out my favorite healthy recipe:
1 bag of beans
3 diced tomatoes
Fresh grated ginger and garlic
1 red pepper
1 tbsp coconut oil
Handful of cilantro
– Soak beans in water overnight
– Boil then until soft
– Sautee onions and tomatoes in coconut oil
– Add beans and a bit of water
– Cover and let cook stir occasionally
– Add water if need be
– Cook for about 15 mins
– Add grated ginger, cilantro, garlic and cool for 5 mins
Serve the beans over some cabbage, broccoli, greens beans or spinach.